Earlier today i had to write a blog on a specific topic but i was not able to do it effectively. I mean i wanted to write but somewhere in my mind i was not able to. Something else was going in my mind or i just lacked concentration. If that’s the case, then i would say it was very destructive for anything you do. So i decided to get over it, to control it, to focus my mind.
So first things first, What is Concentration?
“Concentration is taking your mind off many things and putting it on one thing at a time.”
Simply speaking, forget everything else and just focus on one thing at a time.
Now the question is How to Increase your Concentration?
There are some simple ways to Increase your concentration:
- Decide what you want to concentrate on. In many ways, you become what you focus on — that is, you take on some of its characteristics. Have you ever noticed how couples who have been married for many years start to look like each other, or how people often come to resemble their pets, their cars, their hobbies, or their work projects?
- Watch other people concentrating. Go see a good action movie. In the middle of it, look around at the people in the theater. What are they doing? They are absolutely still, eyes barely blinking, and their breath is slower. It would take a really major distraction to break their attention stream. These physical signs may give you a hint about ways to increase your own concentration abilities.
- Make it a point to put your full concentration on whatever you are doing. Don’t let anything distract you. It really helps to be in a quiet place, but you can learn to block out noise if necessary.
- Stay calm. Deep concentration is a matter of increasing or directing your life-force or conscious, cosmic energy. The more of this kind of energy you have, the better. Scattered energy doesn’t help. It must be calm, focused energy. Learn to be calmly concentrated.
- Take breaks. Go outside and breathe deeply or take a brisk walk. Make yourself do this often and you’ll be able to return to your task recharged and ready to focus more creatively.
- Learn to Meditate. Meditation is the most powerful of all concentration enhancement techniques. Learn a few simple meditation techniques and practice them at least five minutes daily.