“If I had my life to live over again, I would have made a rule to read some poetry and listen to some music at least once every week.” Charles Darwin
It’s the weekend and at some point you’ll probably relax to your favorite music, watch a film with a catchy title track , or hit a dance floor. Who doesn’t love music? Certainly there are some of us, but for the most part music is a big part of our lives. Of course, music choice varies, but listening music has been a mind soothing activity.
But Do you know there are all round benefits of Listening to your favorite music? Lets find out How much benefits us in several ways:
- Music makes you happier. A study reveals that while listening to music, brain release dopamine, a ‘happy’ hormone which makes us filled with joy. No wonder, all musicians smiles a lot.
- Stress Reducer. Well I think you probably knew about it already. But still you don’t know how it reduces stress. To your surprise, while listening to music brain reduces cortisol in our body, ‘a stress hormone’. That’s why you forget all your worries while listening to music, at least for a short time.
- Music strengthens Learning Ability. If I say, Music is the language of Memory, it wouldn’t be wrong. Music helps a lot to help you strengthen your memory, helps your to focus your mind to learn fast.
- Increases Verbal Intelligence. After only one month of music lessons, a study at York University showed that 90% of children between the ages of 4 and 6 had a significant increase in Verbal Intelligence. Verbal intelligence means the ability to understand words and explain their meaning.
- Helps you Sleep Better. Music definitely helps in getting back your sleep. Brain needs relax to fall sleep, which music provides effectively.
There are other benefits, but I think these are good for now.
Tell me in comment section, how music helps you in your life.