Every person living on this earth is capable of extraordinary things. Everyone wants to achieve extraordinary in life, but not everyone achieves extraordinary. Reason being, Optimism. If you haven’t achieved extraordinary in life, its because you still haven’t mastered the greatest skill set, Optimism.
Look at the picture closely: Is the glass half full or half empty?
Everyone knows about this example. But most of us don’t know that its a perfect example to check optimism in an individual.
Optimism is looking at a more favorable side of events and simply anticipating the best possible outcome in any situation. That is a formal definition. My personal definition for optimism is: Seeing the best in the worst. An optimist can see opportunities in every failure. Only the person who see best in people, in very situation can achieve best.
A pessimist can never achieve extraordinary in life. Reason being, he only see difficulties in failures. There are some extraordinary benefits of optimism which helps you to achieve extraordinary:
- Optimism gives you an eye sight to see best in all situations.
- It reduces the level of stress experienced.
- Research shows that it increases longevity.
- It enables you to handle and put your emotions in check.
- It promotes happiness.
- It promotes self respect and integrity.
- It forges persistence which is an essential trait required for achieving success.
- It creates a sense of fulfillment and satisfaction.
- It creates a positive anticipation of the future.
- It increases your level of productivity.
- It allows you to deal with failure constructively.
- It allows you to develop the attribute of patience.
- It improves your physiological and psychological well being.
- It enables you to take a balanced approach to life by dealing with the constant negative thoughts which spring up.
- It gives you peace of mind.
That’s all for now. Tell me in comment section, Do you agree that Optimism is the greatest survival skill?