Showing kindness is something we should practice on a daily basis because it makes us peaceful and less worrisome. When you display kindness, you increase dopamine to the brain, leaving you feeling happier and more energized. So whether you want to perk up a loved one, coworker, acquaintance, total stranger, or yourself, you’ll accomplish it all in one random act of goodness. Kindness makes the world a better place to live.
Previously in my post, I covered the topic of Kindness, Why world needs it and Why should should people show kindness? If you haven’t checked it out, do it now.
Now people always wonder How they can show kindness? I mean it’s not like purchasing groceries or buying a cell phone which can be done using a website. So I am gonna explain some ways to show kindness, which are absolutely free by the way:
- Talk to a person at a party who is struggling with socializing. May be you can change his life by introducing him with some kind or loving people.
- Lend an Elderly person a hand. If you see them struggle to reach something in the grocery store or while doing another activity.
- Plant a tree where only few are left. Well we need nature as much as nature need us. So why not help nature to flourish.
- Let go of debt someone owes you. Only if you really think he is not well or his difficulties doesn’t allow him to pay, even in a long time.
- Greet people with smile. Smile always works, just ask a single person the power of a smile.(just being humorous).
- Give Compliments. Giving a compliment can be an act of kindness if you feel like it.
- Donate blood. Blood donation comes at the top position of ‘donations’. It can help a dying person saving his life.
- Forgive someone who wronged you. Forgiveness was, is and will always be an act of kindness reserved only for the strong people.
- Start a blog/website to help people. Blogs can really be helpful if they can inspire someone or solve their problems.
- Give your leftovers to a homeless person. Just don’t throw them in dustbin.
- Volunteer for some social cause. Volunteering can help a lot to a person in need.
- Praise someone at work for a job well done. It’ll help to increase their productivity.
- Offer your seat in bus/train to someone.
- Buy a lottery ticket and give it to a stranger.
- Print out motivational quotes and slide a copy under everyone’s dorm room door.
- Help a person Financially. Helping someone who are in dire need of some money can really change his life.
- Give someone a hug. Giving a hug to someone who feels a little down, can help to lift up his mood.
- Stop to help a pedestrian cross the street.
- Introduce two of your single friends if you think they are a good match for each other.
- Show kindness to your parents. Showing kindness to your parents do really make a difference. In modern world, we never talk to our parents in a good way, so spending sometime with them, making them smile really helps a lot.
That’s all guys. Tell me comment section, which of these acts you have already done.